Trusted Legal Advocacy.  Efficient Problem-Solving.

Administer An Estate With Respect For A Legacy

After the death of a loved one, there are suddenly many legal, financial and logistical details to tend to. While you and other family members are mourning the loss of a close family member, you may need legal advice and guidance – especially if you are appointed as the personal representative or executor.

For your protection and peace of mind, get an experienced attorney on your side right away after losing a close family member to death. Naturally, your family may need time to grieve together. You may need to plan and carry out a funeral and burial. During this difficult time, the Law Office of Neal Green, Jr., can be a reliable resource.

Carry Out The Estate Administration Process According To The Wishes Of The Deceased

Whether your loved one died intestate (without a will) or named you as the executor or personal representative in a will, you may have legal responsibilities, such as to:

  • Petition the probate court to admit the will and begin the estate administration process
  • Petition the court for authorization to act as the executor or personal representative
  • Notify beneficiaries and creditors
  • Identify and gather assets
  • Pay debts
  • Distribute remaining assets to beneficiaries (when there is a will) or heirs (in an intestate case)

Your estate administration case may not be this straightforward. For example, some assets may be in trusts and/or in family businesses. If the estate is small, you may be able to carry out your duties through a small estate affidavit and avoid probate court.

Overcome Disputes And Doubts With Confidence

Be on the alert for problem situations that may arise. Contentious family relations can result in lengthy court battles without the help of a knowledgeable probate and estate administration lawyer.

Your family member who died may have been living in another state but owned property in Texas, or vice-versa. If your loved one had a blended family, complications may come up over the will, a trust, or the probate and estate administration process.

If you are the executor, a creditor, a business partner of the deceased person, or someone in your family may accuse you of breach of your fiduciary duties. A relative or business partner may bring a will contest.

Attorney Neal Green has helped many clients avoid or resolve estate-related conflicts while protecting their loved ones’ estates.

Move Forward With Confidence When It Is Time To Settle An Estate

If your loved one is still living and you have a durable power of attorney, attorney Neal Green and the helpful staff at the Law Office of Neal Green, Jr., can guide you capably. Neal can help ensure that you address all necessary issues before and after your family member’s death lawfully and in a timely manner.

To schedule a consultation, call the law office at 903-229-4284 or send an inquiry by email.

Se habla español.